On July 31, 2020, HHS announced that Medicare providers will have another opportunity to receive additional Provider Relief Fund payments. The announcement targets those providers who previously missed the June 3, 2020 deadline to submit an application for additional funding equal to 2 percent of their total patient care revenue from the $20 billion portion of the Phase 1 General Distribution. Those qualifying under this plan include Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and dental providers with low Medicare revenues. In addition, providers who underwent a change in ownership, making them previously ineligible for Phase 1 funding, will also be given a chance to apply for the HHS financial relief.
The new deadline to submit an application for potential funding under the HHS Provider Relief Fund is August 28, 2020.
Providers Eligible for Phase 2 General Distribution Funding:
- Providers who were ineligible for the Phase 1 General Distribution because:
- They underwent a change in ownership in calendar year 2019 or 2020 under Medicare Part A; and
- Did not have Medicare Fee-For-Service revenue in 2019.
- Providers who received a payment under Phase 1 General Distribution but:
- Missed the June 3 deadline to submit revenue information – including many Medicaid, CHIP, and dental providers with low Medicare revenues that assumed they were ineligible for additional distribution targeted at Medicare providers or had planned to apply for a Medicaid and CHIP specific distribution; or
- Did not receive Phase 1 General Distribution payments totaling approximately 2 percent of their annual patient revenue.
- Providers who previously received Phase 1 General Distribution payment(s), but rejected and returned the funds and are now interested in reapplying.
For providers who have already received a Phase 1 General Distribution payment from HHS, the previous amount received will be considered when determining the eligible amount for the Phase 2 General Distribution payment. Also, fund recipients must accept HHS’s terms and conditions and may be subject to an audit to ensure the data provided to HHS for payment calculation is accurate.
Please contact us for more information on the HHS Provider Relief Fund Phase 2 program.